Lecture ‘Wonderland’ on Friday, November 4
28 September 2022
On Friday 4 November, our curator Frédèrique van Duppen will tell you all about the magical East! Afterwards, you can visit the exhibition Wonderland.
About the exhibition
An interest in other cultures is an age-old phenomenon. In this respect, the magical East has always held great appeal for the West.
The exhibition Wonderland shows how artists from the West found an artistic interpretation for the East from the 19th century onwards. Its influences continue to simmer even into the 21st century.
Dutch artists like Kees van Dongen and Marius Bauer illustrate the well-known tales of One Thousand and One Nights, while Willem Hofker and Willem Dooijewaard depict the beauty of the Dutch East Indies. Some artists show a realistic record of their travels, while others depict mainly eastern stereotypes.
- Date: Friday 4 November
- Start lecture: 2:30 PM, walk-in from 2 PM.
- End of lecture: around 3:15 PM. Afterwards, you can visit the exhibition Wonderland.
- Cost: € 5,- p.p. (excl. museum admission: € 7,- p.p., free entrance for Museumkaart holders and Friends of the Dutch Museum of Lithography).
- Coffee/tea is available for a fee in our foyer.
- Language: Dutch
- There is a minimum registration of 15 persons for this lecture.
Register now via email@example.com!